A Host, or Greeter, is responsible for welcoming guests to the restaurant, ensuring they are seated and receive attentive service. Their duties include maintaining a waitlist of patrons during busy meal service, passing out menus and accepting phone calls.
We are a busy restaurant and have an open role for a hostess. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift.
Duties primarily focus on ensuring the guests have a positive experience as soon as they enter the restaurant and include:
- Greeting customers as they walk into the restaurant and seating them
- Giving guests accurate wait time estimates and seating them in the waiting area
- Providing customers with menus and answering any initial questions they may have
- Optimizing seating at different tables to ensure even workload for wait staff
- Answering phones and scheduling reservations with large parties
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
- Restaurant experience is a plus.
- Availability to work nights, weekends and holidays.